- Short leather boots. They’re definitely getting a lot of outings recently. I got a new Ecco pair a few weeks ago that I really love!
- Casual trainers. I have an old pair of Pumas that I love dearly and still wear a lot.
- Boat shoes. Because who doesn’t need at least one pair of Sperrys?
- Flip flops. I live in Reef flip flops during the summer.
- Knee-high leather boots. Because that’s what you need to rock when you have a great dress or skirt and tights!
- Snow boots. So there are a lot of boots on this list! But every Midwestern girl needs a pair.
- Flat dress shoes. I have a pair of gold and pewter toned flats that I wear with nearly every work outfit during the summer.
- Dressy sandals. I have 4 variations of the similar sandals that I wear with my summer dresses.
- Heels. I don’t wear heels much, but I have a couple of short-ish black pairs that I wear if there’s a good reason.
- Basic nude wedges. I just bought these for myself on super sale from Nine West. I think they’ll be great to go with everything once it gets a bit warmer!
- Knit! Easy one first, right?
- Sit snuggled up on the couch by my fireplace. I do loooove my gas fireplace that I can turn on with a switch. Right next to it is my favorite place to do #1 (knit)!
- Drink a lot of hot beverages. Preferably while knitting by the fireplace. My favorite is coffee, followed by tea and hot chocolate.
- Wear my favorite handknits. Some of the things in very heavy rotation this year are my Snowfling Mittens and a Hermione hat my mom made me years ago and which is still my super favorite hat ever.
- Celebrate happy stuff. We have a few family birthdays that hit during winter, and being able to meet up every couple of weeks for cake and family time certainly brightens the days.
- Re-watch Harry Potter movies. ABC Family is almost always having an HP marathon, and I have all of them on DVD, so… pretty much the best thing ever to watch while knitting by the fireplace with a hot drink (are you noticing a trend yet?)
- Wear flannel pajamas. So they’re not very fashionable, but I have two pairs I love very much and they are pretty fabulous and make me happy.
- Wear these new flashy slippers. I’m thrilled with my new bling bling slippers. They are soft and warm on the inside and fun on the outside! I just got these for Christmas and I’m wearing them nearly every day.
- Go to knit night. Catching up with my friends every week nearly makes me forget it’s freezing and pitch black outside.
- Play with BK! I saved the best one for last. She’s my little ray of sunshine all year long.
What a year it’s been. Like any year, it’s had its ups and downs.
The year began with a lovely trip to California and the excitement of a new job. The summer ended up holding a lot of sadness for me. The fall was hectic and had me begging for one single week where things could be “normal.” The winter has thankfully brought some of that normalcy, and some much needed family time. All in all, my overall impression is that I’m not sad to see 2014 go.
I’m not going to make any resolutions for 2015. I usually make crafting ones I post here on the blog and then never finish, and then I usually make some silent personal ones that I give up on in a week or two. There’s just no reason to continue that cycle when I know that I don’t commit very well to new year’s resolutions and I’ll just be disappointed. So all I will try to do in 2015 is to be true to myself, set realistic expectations about the year, and try to maintain a positive attitude even when life starts throwing curveballs. That’s not really a resolution, just a mantra for the year.
I will go ahead and give you my annual wrap-up on 2014’s goals, though:
- Finish my lace KAL with Smashing the Serene. We are working on Bigger on the Inside. I am moving along at a glacial pace. I’m not sure how she’s doing, but I think she would have said if she was done. 🙂 – DONE AND SO PROUD OF IT. Will blog about this soon.
- Be more active at commenting and liking posts on other knitting blogs. I read a lot of them, but I tend to be more of a lurker, just enjoying reading about other’s experiences. I would like to be more engaged, because I know how much I love the likes and comments that my blog gets. I need to pass the love on! – I did well at the beginning of the year, but once I started back to work outside the home full time, this pretty much fell off the radar. I did, however, always try to comment when something really moved me!
- 50 Days of Fitness: I have a self-imposed deadline for losing a bit more weight and toning up. I really want to buckle down for the first part of the year. Hopefully, I’ll hit my goal and then be able to maintain it for the rest of the year. – After losing, gaining more than I had to begin with, and losing again, I am back to the weight I was at the beginning of 2014 – so not successful!
- At least 6 times in the next year, I want to find something fun for Mr Snips and I to do for a little date. Nothing grand or terribly exciting, just something different. When we were dating, I was really great at this and we had a lot of fun. I’ve fallen into a bit of rut with ideas, and I think it’s certainly worth the time and effort! – I’m not sure I made it to 6 (didn’t keep count very well…), but I did come up with some fun ideas!