Hi all – I’ve been reading the Carole Knits blog for more than two years now, and I’ve really enjoyed reading her Ten on Tuesday posts. They’re about a variety of things, and I’ve been mentally following her with my own inputs to these lists for a while. Today, I’m going to start participating for realz on the blog.
This week’s topic is 10 Good Things About Coming Home From Vacation. Here are mine:
- My own bed. I miss it terribly in hotels. Even ones with nice beds are never quite as comfortable as my own.
- My own shower. My hair and skin never feel as nice after a few days of a hotel shower.
- Coming home to a clean house. We make it a point to clean before we leave on vacation so that it is actually pleasant to come home.
- Returning to my DVR. I always miss a couple of my favorite shows, and I’m excited to come home and watch them! Mostly, I get excited about the episodes of Castle that I miss.
- Returning to my stash. No longer am I limited to knitting on the one or two projects that I packed in my bag – the world is my knitting oyster!
- Brining my souvenir yarn home. And perusing Ravelry to figure out what to do with it. But you know, I cannot resist the siren song of beautiful yarn at a far-flung knit shop.
- Catching up on reading my knitting blogs. Because I miss reading about what my favorites are doing! And I usually make it a point to be totally unplugged while I’m away.
- My coffee machine. As I’ve mentioned before, my Tassimo and I are in a committed relationship.
- Enjoying my other souvenirs (i.e. – not yarn). I always try to buy something nice while I’m away. It’s often jewelry, because it’s something that I will use and will make me smile when I wear it. It’s a great way to extend the happy feeling of a vacation.
- Sleeping in. Travelling almost always exhausts me beyond words. Not on the way there, but certainly on the way back. This requires an extra long sleep.
Wow – this was way way harder than I thought! Because, let’s face it, coming home from vacation is often a let down. I’ll have to revisit this list next time I return from vacation to cheer myself up!
I hope to make the Ten on Tuesday a fairly regular thing, so stay tuned for some more fun lists!