Welcome to 2014, my friends!
We spent our first new year’s eve as a little family quietly at home, just enjoying each other’s company. It was a nice way to start the year. I’m now sitting down with a cup of Kona coffee (A splurge I couldn’t resist at Christmas. It’s the kind we bought when we visited Hawaii a few years ago, and I love it!) during BK’s naptime. Another nice way to kick off 2014!
As usual, I will give you a list of my 2014 goals, and a review on how I did on last year’s goals.
For this year, I would like to:
- Finish my lace KAL with Smashing the Serene. We are working on Bigger on the Inside. I am moving along at a glacial pace. I’m not sure how she’s doing, but I think she would have said if she was done. 🙂
- Be more active at commenting and liking posts on other knitting blogs. I read a lot of them, but I tend to be more of a lurker, just enjoying reading about other’s experiences. I would like to be more engaged, because I know how much I love the likes and comments that my blog gets. I need to pass the love on!
- 50 Days of Fitness: I have a self-imposed deadline for losing a bit more weight and toning up. I really want to buckle down for the first part of the year. Hopefully, I’ll hit my goal and then be able to maintain it for the rest of the year.
- At least 6 times in the next year, I want to find something fun for Mr Snips and I to do for a little date. Nothing grand or terribly exciting, just something different. When we were dating, I was really great at this and we had a lot of fun. I’ve fallen into a bit of rut with ideas, and I think it’s certainly worth the time and effort!
I’m not going to overdo it on the goals, because I tend to come up with some silly things sometimes, just to have a longer list. Which I think is what happened to my 2013 goals…
… speaking of which, here’s the update on last year’s goals:
- Knit only from my stash for the first three months of the year (with the exception of if I need to buy something for my lace KAL). Oh dear. Let’s be frank – this was never going to happen. And it certainly did not. Temptation is everywhere!
- Complete a sewing project on my own. This didn’t really happen either. I did do the lining for BK’s stocking, but with my mom’s supervision. I mostly directed it though. So maybe that counts? I don’t even remember making this resolution, so I’m not surprised I didn’t make a special effort to complete it.
- Finally sew the snaps onto my apron (my first sewing project) so I can use it. Nope – shocking, but I still didn’t get around to this easy, tiny task. Maybe in 2014? 🙂
- Finish at least one of the pairs of socks languishing in my WIP pile. Nope. I had two pair. I frogged one and it is being remade into my Autumn Everyday Socks for the Gryffindor Common Room right now. The other pair required too much brain power to execute while I was pregnant during the first half of the year, and then caring for a small baby the second half. That pair may eventually be finished. Or frogged. I have another pattern in mind that would be lovely in that yarn…
- Continue blogging regularly (at least once a week). I’ve been bad at letting my FOs linger before posting and haven’t been as consistent as I’d like to be. I know there were a few weeks where I did not post, mostly around BK’s arrival. I did, however, add 58 posts to the blog last year, so that averages out to more than once a week. I’m happy with that!
Overall, 2013 was very successful. I even finished 33 projects, which is one more than I did in 2012. I can’t guarantee I’ll keep one-upping my FO numbers, but I’ll certainly give it a go!
I hope everyone rang in the new year happily and safely. I wish you luck on any goals or resolutions you set. But most of all, I wish you happiness in 2014!