I had a fun week this past week. Here are some of the highlights:
- I started my pair of Halloween Mitts using the leftovers from my Halloween Socks. I’m nearly done with number 1 (just the thumb left to do!) and will be embarking on number 2 this week! I already love them.
- I got a massage. My in-laws gifted me one from my favorite place for my baby shower, and I was finally able to use it! This may go down as my favorite baby shower gift idea of all time.
- On Friday, I decided there must be copious amounts of chocolate for knit night. And I managed to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch during BK’s morning nap. I felt like a rockstar having all of my cookies baked before 9am! And they were delicious! I also picked up some s’mores mini cupcakes from Super Target. Sometimes, it just must be done.
- I joined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago to help me get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, and I have lost my first 10 pounds on the program as of Wednesday! Still a bit to go, but it’s all very encouraging. (and in case you’re wondering, a chocolate chip cookie is only 2 points… so I was fine.)
- I got a free drink from Starbucks through my gold card. I discovered a venti Caramel Light Frappuccino is the same amount of WW points as a grande. So I ordered the giant one and happiness ensued.
- And while we’re on the topic of food… we made s’mores this weekend. Yum yum yum.
- Heather made BK the most beautiful set of West Ham stuff! A sweater with our last name and a number one on the back, a sweet little hat, and some adorable leg warmers. I LOVE them. So does Mr Snips. My brother-in-law asked what happens if she decides to support another team — he’s obviously confused and possibly crazy. 🙂
- I finished a pumpkin hat for BK to wear during my favorite month of the year – October! It will get it’s own post very soon.
- It was so lovely and cool on Friday that both BK and I took a nap on the sun porch at my mom and dad’s in the lovely afternoon sunshine. It was very relaxing and peaceful.
- My parents and I started watching Downton Abbey Season 3. Somehow, we missed out when the show started, but my friends at knit night talked it up enough (and kindly let me it borrow on Blu-Ray) that we watched seasons 1 and 2 and became incredibly hooked. I love it!
- Sunday was sports day. We watched West Ham, then the Colts, and then the Manning Bowl. I went to yoga in the middle of the Manning Bowl, but still caught the beginning and the end. West Ham was a draw, which was OK. The Colts lost, which was very disappointing. And the Broncos won, which made me happy because all of Indiana still loves their Peyton Manning.
- I feel a bout of startitis coming on. All kinds of patterns have caught my attention and I am feeling the itch to cast them all on!! I have more knitting motivation right now than I’ve had in ages. Watch out — there may be a lot of WIPs to share very soon…