- Decide that you are not in the mood to knit anything.
- Stare at your stash for an hour and find no inspiration.
- Decide that you really should start that project that you knew you should be excited about (you were when you bought the yarn, anyway), but are not feeling right now.
- Let this guilt of not being excited compel you to wind all all of the yarn for the project, convinced this will make it exciting. It doesn’t.
- Swatch and realize you are not at the right gauge.
- Realize that you do not have the right needles to get the right gauge.
- Wait three days to go to the store to buy the correct needles. Realize the store does not have the needles you need.
- Buy a different size that might work, and swatch with that. Decide it’s close enough.
- Decide that this color is maybe not right for this project, that you really probably could do better, and lose all faith in everything about the project.
- Find new yarn with better color online, but realize you have to wait seven days before it will even ship to you. Buy it anyway.
If you follow these 10 easy steps, you too, can not accomplish any knitting!